Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Job

 
It has been a really long time since I posted anything, but that doesn't mean I haven't been keeping busy; I think its time to get this blog going again. I'll start with the work I am getting paid for. I just recently started a new job at a company called Roadshow services where I am able to do a bit of graphic design work. A little background: the company provides transportation (trucks) for large cross country tours (Rihanna, Deadmau5, Prince, Pearl Jam, etc). The images I am posting aren't actually the ones we used for the most part, but they are my personal favorite versions of the projects I have been able to work on so far. The Image above is the inside illustration and layout I did for our Christmas card, pretty straight forward. I had a lot of fun doing that little digital illustration, so I wanted to post it even though it wont be printed. Below are my two favorite sketches for a half page ad we are running. I really liked the idea of including that map texture in there somewhere but it didn't make the cut in the end.



 
The last four images are for a post it cube we are going to order. I can only use two colors (red and black were already chosen) and had to make sure final product would read at a fairly small size (I think it will end up being 4"x4" on all sides or close to that). Again, I had a lot of fun doing those digital illustrations, but only time will tell if any of them end up being used. Other than my job, I have been given the task of painting a mural on the trailer my brother is staying in on the UC Santa Cruz campus. I have never done a mural before and am finding it really hard to even settle on a subject matter. Once I decide I will post sketches.





No comments:

Post a Comment